Sunday, December 29, 2013

Kraus Uses Christmas with the Copeland's

Rudy Copeland likes the way you look.

    My mother, step-father, and I where invited to have Christmas dinner with Rudy Copeland and his friends and family.  For those who are not in the music industry, Rudy is actually fairly famous.

You can check out his work here.

    Rudy is a blind black man in his 60's who plays the organ/piano and sings.  No, he is not Ray Charles, but he was a good friend of his. He also played with Solomon Burke for awhile and has a very large catalog of music he has contributed and has met President Barack Obama. He is a real character and just fun to be around and talk to.

    Pretty much everyone at the party was a musician or attached to the music industry in some fashion. The common theme through the party was that someone would grab an instrument and just start jamming a bit, then someone else would come over and jam along, suddenly, everyone was playing a jam.  It was a lot of fun to record as I kinda had to be on my toes on getting into position while chatting and hanging out with everyone.

    Keep in mind, some of these guys have played together before, however none of them have ALL played together before.  All the music in the videos was organic and unplanned in any way so I apologize right now for cutting off the beginning of a few of the videos..



Georgia

Summertime

Some jammin, though I suspect it is an actual song

More jammin

Georgia

I didn't get all of this one, we where leaving as it was playing.


    As a side note, all videos where taken with my Lenovo IdeaTab S6000-F tablet.  You can check out my review of this tablet here.

  I was pleasantly surprised by the quality I was able to get.  The video and audio capture is definitely not the best, however, it is far and away better than I was anticipating.

No comments:

Post a Comment